Why have over 2,500 undergraduate students from 300 U.S. colleges and universities chosen to study abroad through the Alliance?
In all of our programs, the Alliance seeks to support highly-motivated, adventurous students as they develop into sensitive and sophisticated future leaders, with a nuanced understanding of complex local, regional, and international issues. Everything we do focuses on providing the highest level of programming excellence for our students based on the following pillars:
- Academics: Our programs are academically challenging with classes taught to a high standard by local professors and experts in the field. Courses provide a structured blend of classroom and field-based learning.
- Insider Access: Our students interact with social entrepreneurs, artists, business leaders, policymakers, and health practitioners, learning directly from people who are both making change and preserving traditions.
- Cultural Immersion: Housing arrangements foster integration into the host culture, while co-curricular activities and field study trips introduce students to people and places they would not otherwise see.
- Pre-Departure Services: We are committed to offering superior pre-departure services that prepare students to make the most of their experience abroad—academically, experientially, culturally, and personally.
- Arrival and Orientation: After greeting students at the airport, we begin every program with a multi-day orientation that introduces their new home and equips them with important information to support their goals.
- On-Site Support: Our programs are designed and administered by a team of study abroad and regional experts that include our Advisory Committee members and program staff in the U.S. and overseas.
- Health and Safety: Through staff training, continuous monitoring, and ongoing assessment, the Alliance ensures that our programs provide the highest quality of care, oversight, and due diligence in regards to health and safety.