Why the Alliance?
What makes the Alliance stand out from the crowd in China and India? Over 1,200 undergraduate students from 270 U.S. colleges and universities have enrolled in our academically rigorous and culturally enriching programs.
- Focus on Asia: We are dedicated to providing high-quality study abroad opportunities exclusively in Asia, where China, India, and other nations are bursting onto the world stage through art, innovation, and trade.
- From the Experts: Our programs are designed and administered by a team of experts in study abroad and Asian studies that include our Management Committee and Advisory Committee members, U.S. Director, and on-site Resident Directors.
- Rigorous Academics: Our programs are intellectually rigorous with classes taught to a high standard by native university professors and experts in the field. Class sizes are small and students receive personal attention.
- Experiential Learning: Students in China examine an area of interest through an individualized Capstone Project, while students in India complete a tailored field study component outside the classroom. Internships are also available in several locations.
- Cultural Immersion: Housing arrangements in dorms and homestays foster integration into the host culture while maintaining a certain level of independence. Our extracurricular activities and field trips introduce students to people and places they would not otherwise see.
- Chinese Language Study: Our excellent language teaching in exclusive, small classes has resulted in marked progress in students’ Chinese language skills, and earned us the honor of administering the U.S. State Department’s Critical Language Scholarship program in China from 2010 to 2012, in conjunction with American Councils for International Education.
- Superior Student Services: We are committed to offering superior student services so that students can make the most of their experience abroad—academically, experientially, culturally, and personally.
- Need-Based Scholarships: We offer need-based scholarships of up to $4,500 per student. Last year, over $156,000 was given to students to help finance their study on an Alliance program.