Applications are currently being accepted for Alliance programs in China!
Summer 2014 - March 1, 2014
Fall 2014 - April 15, 2014
Spring 2015 - November 1, 2014
Submit an online application. This form can be completed in about 10 minutes and asks you to provide your contact details, program choice and study period, home school information, and emergency contact information. Please be sure to fill in the application accurately and completely. After you submit the online application, you can begin submitting the supplementary documents listed in Step 2 below.
There is no application fee for applications submitted online.
If you wish to submit a paper application instead, you may download it here: Apply using the Downloadable Application and mail it to the address below. You MUST submit a $50 application fee with your paper application in order for your application to be processed. Make your check payable to The Alliance for Global Education.
Submit all of the following items via email (preferred), fax, or mail. You must have Adobe Reader to open these forms. Be sure to include your name on all application pieces.
The Alliance for Global Education Fax: 215-572-2174
450 S. Easton Rd. Email: email@example.com
Glenside, PA 19038
- Official Transcript: Must be official and show credits and grades for all courses taken to date. Transfer students must submit official transcripts from each institution attended. All summer school work should be similarly documented.
- Copy of your Passport Photo Page: This document is required for visa sponsorship documents. You will submit these sponsorship documents when applying for your Chinese visa. If you don't have a passport, you should apply for one immediately. Your existing passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity beyond your Alliance program END date. If your current passport will expire before this date, you must apply for another passport now. If you are applying for your passport within three (3) months of departure, you MUST use expedited servicing and return a copy of your passport to your Program Manager immediately. Your passport MUST be signed.
- Study Abroad Advisor Form: Indicate your program choice and the study period, and sign this form before you submit for completion to your study abroad advisor, dean, or other home campus official responsible for study abroad.
- Chinese University Applications: You must complete an application to the Chinese university that corresponds with your program choice in order to be accepted to the program. (**All applicants, please return your completed university application below in Microsoft Word format via email attachment. Handwritten forms will not be accepted**)
- Beijing Application - (View a sample application)
- Shanghai Application - (View a sample application)
- Xi'an Application - (View a sample application)
- 5 Passport Photographs: Must be 2” x 2” (passport-sized), full-face, white background, in color, printed on photo-quality paper. Please print your name on the back of each photo, as we cannot be responsible for photos without names on them. These photos are used for identification and FOUR of them MUST be sent to the Alliance via postal mail. Students whose photos do not meet the requirements may experience complications with their application. DO NOT send your FIFTH photo to the Alliance. You will be required to submit your FIFTH passport photo with your visa application on your own, which is a separate process. The Alliance will not forward your FIFTH photo to the visa agent. To ensure photos are submitted in the proper format, please refer to the following diagram.
- 1 Digital Photograph: Must be printable to 2” x 2” square (passport-sized), full-face, light background, and in color. Photo will be used for identification purposes only. This MUST be sent in via email.
- Statement of Purpose: Your statement of purpose should address your interest in studying in China and this Alliance program specifically. It should also provide background on your academic interests, international or intercultural experience, and any other relevant personal information.
- Recommendation: If you have studied Chinese previously, please submit a Language Recommendation Form. If you have not studied Chinese previously, submit an Academic Recommendation Form. Please indicate your program choice and the study period and sign the form before you submit it for completion to a faculty member who is familiar with your performance in the classroom.
- Chinese Essay: All applicants, except absolute beginners, must submit a handwritten essay in Chinese characters. Please be sure to put your name in English at the top of the page.
- Internship Placement Form: Only Popular Culture and Social Change (Beijing), International Business (Shanghai), and Summer Internship program applicants interested in applying for an internship must complete the attached form and include a copy of your most current resume. Consult your program's 'Academics' page to check the specific langauge requirements.
- Documentary Film Intent Form: *Popular Culture and Social Change (Beijing) applicants ONLY* Submit this intent form indicating your academic and/or professional interests for the documentary film component. This form will be used to begin the placement and faculty matching process. Please note that this option is not available during the summer term.
Submit an application for an Alliance need-based scholarship toward your study abroad program. To be eligible for an Alliance scholarship, you must have applied for financial aid through your home school.
Visit the Alliance Scholarships page for detailed instructions. Scholarship applications are due by the same deadline as program applications.