Applications are currently being accepted for Alliance programs in India!
Spring 2014 Summer 2014 Fall 2014
October 15, 2013 March 1, 2014 April 1, 2014
All Alliance programs offer rolling admissions. As program placement remains competitive, please ensure that all application materials are thoroughly completed and submitted well in advance of the deadline.
Submit an online application. This form can be completed in about 10 minutes and asks you to provide your contact details, program choice and study period, home school information, and emergency contact information. Please be sure to fill in the application accurately and completely. After you submit the online application, you can begin submitting the supplementary documents listed in Step 2 below.
There is no application fee for applications submitted online.
If you wish to submit a paper application instead, you may download it here: Apply using the Downloadable Application and mail it to the address below. You MUST submit a $50 application fee with your paper application in order for your application to be processed. Make your check payable to The Alliance for Global Education.
Submit all of the following items via email, fax, or postal mail. You must have Adobe Reader to open these forms. Be sure to include your name on all application pieces.
The Alliance for Global Education Fax: 215-572-2174
450 S. Easton Rd. Email: email@example.com
Glenside, PA 19038
- Official Transcript: Must be official and show credits and grades for all courses taken to date. Transfer students must submit official transcripts from each institution attended. All summer school work should be similarly documented.
- Copy of your Passport Photo Page: This document is required for visa authorization purposes. If you do not yet have a passport, please apply for one at this time. Please be sure the passport number, expiration date, photo, and your signature are visible. Your passport MUST be signed.
- Statement of Purpose: Must address your interest in studying in India and this Alliance program specifically, as well as provide background on your academic interests, international or intercultural experience, and any other relevant personal information.
- Academic Recommendation Forms: Two (2) academic recommendations are required for admission. Please indicate your program choice and the study period, and sign these forms before you submit for completion to faculty members who are familiar with your performance in the classroom.
- Study Abroad Advisor Form: Indicate your program choice and the study period, and sign this form before you submit for completion to your study abroad advisor, dean, or other home campus official responsible for study abroad.
- 8 Photographs: Must be 2” x 2” (passport-sized), full-face, light background, on photo-quality paper. Please print your name on the back of each photo, as we cannot be responsible for photos without names on them. Photos are used for identification and visa purposes only. Photos MUST be sent via postal mail. Students whose photos do not meet the requirements may experience complications with their application. To ensure photos are submitted in the proper format, please refer to the following diagram.
- Internship/Directed Research/Documentary Film Intent Form: *Pune ONLY* Indicate your academic and/or professional interests for the internship/directed research/documentary film component. This form will be used to begin the placement and faculty matching process. Please be sure to include a copy of your resume.
- Varanasi Culture in Practice Selection Form: *Varanasi ONLY* Indicate and rank your interests for the Culture in Practice component of the program as well as provide all requested information. Students are required to select one Culture in Practice component for a total of three credits.
- Pune & Varanasi Student Visa Authorization Form: *Pune and Varanasi ONLY* A student visa authorization from the American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS) must be obtained before applying for a student visa to the Indian Consulate. You must complete all of the required sections of this form and submit it to the Alliance before you can be accepted to the program. This form is NOT a visa application. For question 15, you must list the consulate that corresponds to the address on your driver's license or a major utility bill. Please use the chart at the bottom of this page to determine which office you should select. You do NOT need to attach a photo.
- Manipal Student Visa Authorization Form: *Manipal ONLY* A student visa authorization from Manipal must be obtained before applying for a student visa to the Indian Consulate. You must complete all of the required sections of this form and submit it to the Alliance before you can be accepted to the program. This form is NOT a visa application. For question 15, you must list the consulate that corresponds to the address on your driver's license or a major utility bill. Please use the chart at the bottom of this page to determine which office you should select. You do NOT need to attach a photo.
Submit an application for an Alliance need-based scholarship toward your study abroad program. To be eligible for an Alliance scholarship, you must have applied for financial aid through your home school.
Visit the Alliance Scholarships page for detailed instructions. Scholarship applications are due by the same deadline as program applications.