The Fall 2011 Alliance Photo Contest is now open to U.S. undergraduate students who are studying abroad on an Alliance program in China or India during the fall 2011 term. Winners will receive a unique prize personally selected and awarded by their Resident Director.
Photo contest entries are due via email to Teresa Bellono, Communications Manager, by Monday, December 5 for India students and Friday, December 9 for China students. All students are encouraged to submit their photography and share their experiences with the Alliance community!
Photo contest criteria:
- You may submit up to a total of 10 photos across the three categories listed below. Please identify the category for each photo and include captions.
- Your photos must be 1 MB or higher to be eligible to win. For larger files, try emailing photos in multiple batches or using an online service such as YouSendIt or MegaUpload.
- Photos will be judged by the Alliance D.C. office. One winner will be selected in each category for fall 2011. Winners and prizes will be announced shortly after the deadline.
- Photos should be creative in composition, aesthetically appealing, and representative of your interactions with your host country and culture.
Photo contest categories:
- Landscapes and Streetscapes – Photos from around town, excursions, and field visits that showcase a unique urban and/or rural side to your host location.
- People and Society – Portraits of host country natives and photos of social rituals, such as traditional art forms, family life, market vendors, and local holidays.
- The Student Experience – Photos that provide a window into your life abroad, your university campus, and your interactions with local roommates or language partners.
Please note: The Alliance reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria. All submissions become the property of the Alliance for Global Education for use in our promotional materials including, but not limited to, the Alliance website, program brochures, or posters.